The holidays are upon us, and you know what that means; everybody’s bringing out their cameras. Whether it’s the family professional with a complete 35mm set-up and her own developing studio, or if it’s a sea of camera phones, everybody wants pictures. While we can’t stop the march of Father Time (oh, look, there’s another man driving us crazy!), we can make it look like he barely noticed us. If you’re concerned about how you look on a camera, or if you just want to feel good about yourself, Ultherapy can help you out.
Ultherapy is not a surgical facelift. It’s a skin rejuvenation treatment. Instead of scalpels and other invasive methods, Ultherapy uses ultrasound to lift, firm, and tighten the skin. The conditions it’s most often used to treat include a loss of volume, sagging skin, and the loss of elasticity around the face.
Ultherapy lifts the skin and then stimulates collagen production. Many patients report seeing immediate results with steady improvement as the collagen continues to reproduce.
- As Ultherapy is non-invasive, the recovery period is minimal. Many patients are back to their usual routines immediately, only having taken time off from work to have the procedure done.
- With FDA approval in 2009, Ultherapy is safe for those between 35-64 years of age with mild to moderate skin sagging.
- By using ultrasonic therapy, Ultherapy penetrates deeper than radio frequency and infrared waves used in alternatives.
- Ultherapy is safe to use with other treatments such as laser treatment and injections.
- Ultherapy is safe for all skin types and tones.
Ultherapy has only been around a few years, so long-term data is not available. For the short-term, however, some patients have experienced reddening, bruising, swelling, and some tenderness around the procedure areas. This generally goes away after a couple of days.
How Long Does It Last?
Though Ultherapy hasn’t been around long enough for long-term studies, initial reports show that the effects of treatment can last for as long as a year.
It’s time to get ready for the holiday season and the endless sound of cameras clicking. Contact us and let us help make you the timeless belle of the ball!