Each time you step outside, you expose yourself to pollutants, UV rays, and numerous other factors that damage the skin. While you may not notice the effects of the elements on a daily basis, it is necessary to mention that they are chiefly responsible for blemishes, wrinkles, sunspots, and fine lines. Although the body tries to diminish the harm by constantly shedding the damaged upper layer of the epidermis, sometimes this is not enough. This is where the VI Peel comes in to aid replace dead cells with newer and healthier ones.
What is VI Peel?
In spite of the fact that VI Peel is essentially a medium depth peel, its highlight resides in the fact that it incorporates a powerful, yet gentle mix of ingredients that makes it suitable for all skin types. In addition, VI has provided noticeable results in treating skin imperfections and conditions, such as:
- Enhancing the tone and texture of the skin
- Downsizing large pores
- Reducing acne and acne scars
- Simulating collagen and elastin production
- Dealing with hyperpigmentation and sun damage
- Decreasing wrinkles, lines and other signs of aging
Efficient ingredients for maximum results
Unlike other peels available on the market today, VI integrates a unique mix of five acids, namely TCA, beta hydroxyl acids, Retin-A, Phenol and vitamin C. In case you are wondering what makes VI different from treatments containing the same ingredients, then you should know that:
- It doesn’t require a pre-conditioning of the skin prior to the procedure
- It presents less risks and comes with fewer side effects compared to standard TCA peels
- It is painless, although patients have reported a mild stinging sensation at the treatment site that subsides after a few seconds
- It doesn’t have a downtime; while you can resume your normal activities immediately following the procedure, it is advisable to avoid heavy sweating for the few days after you had the peel
- It is suitable for ALL types of skin, including Afro-American and Latino complexions
- It doesn’t cause adverse reactions if you put on makeup; however, it is advisable to wait an hour or two for the solution to dry out completely
- It helps remove pre-cancerous cells, but note that VI Peel is not a skin cancer treatment
Depending on the skin condition you’ve just treated, Dr. Gerstman will recommend a post-peel skin care regimen you should follow for the next couple of weeks. Check out our VI Peel before and after photos to see what kind of results others have experienced.